Learn more about a paid subscription to Swanker for the club members — verification of users, a convenient list of contacts, and access to exclusive features.

Skip to content

$4 000 net profit: driving Spanish traffic to crypto offers case

$4 000 net profit: driving Spanish traffic to crypto offers case

Campaign details

Traffic source


Affiliate Network:





$3 100


$7 000


$3 900



In mid-summer 2022, my team drove traffic from several European GEOs to crypto offers. But Spain was the place where we secured the highest profit, which is why we decided to make a whole case around it. All the stars converged here and we got a perfect bundle: a strong offer, a sick approach to creatives and a low cost of traffic. But first thing’s first. Let me also say right off the bat that we also had a couple screw-ups.


When it comes to crypto, few advertisers can boast of having stable income. Some suddenly see their CR sag at the call center stage, others fail to get registrations due to large-scale campaigns of their competitors. Since we often work via the CPL model, it isn’t uncommon for advertisers to randomly halt the flow of traffic. 

That’s why we never focus over 5-10% of the total traffic volume on a single offer. On average, the team works with 10-15 different offers simultaneously. One buyer drives traffic to several brokers at once and that’s the norm for us.  

Around half our buyers prefer to work with Europe, since this region has lots of CPL offers, high payouts and a decent conversion rate, which lets you drive impressive amounts of traffic with payment per registration.  
The spy tools showed us that many affiliates promote Repsol, so we turned to CmAffs.com to compile a funnel and pick out a broker. In our opinion, Cmaffs.com is the best at picking out landing and brokers for the offers that we’re interested in.   

Traffic source, launch setup

Our team includes buyers that drive both Google and native ad traffic. But this offer was promoted solely through Facebook. We managed to minimize the cost of the consumables.

We found a seller that we got ad verified accounts that can create new type FPs with 2 BMs at the ready. Next, each BM got 10 self-reg accounts and, during the launch process, we made FPs on them. In 9 cases out of ten, the fan pages got banned in which case we launched them back via the new type FPs we got from the account farm. 

In total, each farm had 6 new type fan pages. The self-reg accounts usually got banned faster than the FPs did, so we connected new ones and launched them again. When the BMs got banned, we connected self-reg accounts to the accounts. What we ended up with was one farm serving as a mothership for 50-70 self-reg accounts. All of the expenses for this case ($3 100) were made entirely through 2 mothership accounts. Account expenses turned out to be around $150, so less than 5% of all the expenses. I think that’s a hell of a result, since it was in late July that people were complaining about Facebook going on a rampage, meanwhile we drove lots of traffic and did it cheaply.

By the way, you can see that the you created FP is the new type one thanks to the fact that the avatar is displayed in the upper right corner:

Here’s what our targeting looked like:

  • М + F;
  • 35-70;
  • iOS + Android mobile devices;
  • All placements.

Traffic quality: issues and attempted solutions

It was a mistake not to request information from the broker. They can often give tips on how to design a funnel that will convert well while still generating quality traffic.

We drove traffic to REPSOL, a local brand. You can see the bundle on the screenshots below.



Essentially, we promised our audiences super-profits from investing in the stocks of a company known to the locals, having made the focus on the brand’s recognizable nature. This approach ensured the leads were cheap, however the registration-to-deposit CR was low, according to the broker. I think this is due to the audience starting to doubt the legitimacy of the deal. 

However, we didn’t immediately reach this conclusion. We first tried to remedy the situation in other ways:

  • We changed the creatives, making the offer less fantastical. Surprisingly, this saw no change whatsoever. The lead price stayed the same, as did the traffic quality;
  • We excluded Android traffic, leaving only iOS. The traffic quality didn’t go up, yet we went into the red since each lead now cost us $50.


We ended up driving 175 leads and the advertiser put the team on halt. We’re currently negotiating to resume driving traffic after changing our pre-landing approach to make the offer look more realistic. I’m sure it’ll help improve the quality of the incoming traffic. Profit-X and the broker paid us a total of $7 000 for all the leads we had secured:


In many ways, we’ve learned from the experience. You need to create more realistic funnels and constantly keep your finger on the pulse checking the registration-to-deposit conversion rate.  

It’s nice that despite the issues with the CR, Profit-X and the broker paid for our leads in full.

To comment or rate this article please login or create account

Drag me