Where the Traffic is Small, but Crypto Rates Are Very European. Portugal
Tier-2 geo is tightly associated with Eastern Europe. But there are also interesting geos in the west, where the traffic is relatively small, but the rates are very European.
Today we are going to take a look at Portugal – great geo for traffic directing, especially for those who already have successful experience with less fortunate countries.
Portugal is a specific country, few people know its traits and understand its mentality. This article includes all the information affiliates need to know to make skyrocketing profits.
Portugal: General overview
As of 2023, there are just over 10 million residents in the country. The number is steadily decreasing, due to both low birth rates and emigration to richer European countries.
In Portugal itself, immigrants come in small numbers. Several reasons for that: first, the country has low wages and second, Portuguese is required to get a job. And it’s not the most common language to learn.
There is only one official language, Portuguese. This language you want to do all the promos in. You can also try running campaigns with an English-language desk; most residents speak it as well.
But all the other desks are few and there is no point in launching them in Portugal. Too few newcomers stay permanently.
Euro is the official currency.
The speed of the Internet here is okay: it’s fast enough. You can use video creos and heavy functional web pages, though mind the optimization. Locals tend to save traffic. Internet prices in Portugal are high, especially considering the rather modest salaries. Ordinary landline Internet costs about 30-40 euro per month.
There are three major providers:
The average income, compared to other countries in Western Europe, is quite low. The average salary is 1,400 euro. However, high taxes eat up the lion’s share of the money and a person has only about 700-800 euros on hand, which is very low for the region.
More than 2,000 euros (before tax) are earned by:
- IT guys.
However, the income issue is somewhat resolved by the law. At the end of the year. employees get 13th and 14th salaries in June and December. Also, Portugal offers almost the cheapest housing in Europe. You can rent an apartment for less than $300 a month, and another $100 will go to utility bills.
People get paid more in the capital and other major cities:
- Vila Nova de Gaia;
A few local features you might find interesting and helpful:
- This country loves sports. Especially soccer, which is kind of a cult at this point. People also like cycling and golf;
- The Portuguese have a very negative attitude toward comparing themselves to anyone, especially the Spanish. There is no bad attitude towards the Spaniards, just that the Portuguese consider themselves as a selected unique nation and do not tolerate comparisons. And since Spain is the only land neighbor, this comparison hurts the most;
- The country is very religious, about 90% of the population is Catholic;
- Carelessness and sluggishness are the characteristics of an average Portuguese. Not giving a damn at work is quite a casual thing to see because people are paid for the time they work;
- The south of the country is the poorest region. It would probably be a good idea to exclude it from your targeting settings.
At the same time, the rich-life trigger is weaker in Portugal than in most countries. It is not common here to buy expensive things and, even less so, to brag about them. Better emphasize family values: education for children, family trips, a nice big house.
The most popular social networks:
The best sources of traffic:
- Google Ads;
Crypto gets much love in Portugal. Mainly because the income in you receive in crypto is not taxed. No regulations and the opportunity to make money that is legally tax-free is a great trigger to convenience people to invest.
Portugal: The people
The locals aren’t happy with their way of life and the economic situation in the country, so they put little trust in politicians. The best influencers are sportsmen because sports and especially soccer is literally Portugal’s second religion.
Here is a list of people who can be considered Portuguese opinion leaders:
- Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro. Football player.
- Ricardo Andrade Quaresma Bernardo. Football player.
- Jorge Jesus.Former footballer. Head coach of Lisbon club Benfica.
- Salvador Thiam Vilar Braamcamp Sobral. Singer, winner of the Eurovision Song Contest 2017.
- Alba Baptista. Actress.
- Paula Fernanda Ramos Amorim. Businesswoman, one of the richest in the country. She is the heiress of the businessman and investor Américo Amorim.
- Maria de Medeiros. Actress, film director, screenwriter, singer.
- Caixa Geral de Depósitos;
- Millennium BCP;
- Banco Santander Totta;
- Banco BPI.
Popular TV channels:
- Águeda TV;
- ARTV – Canal Parlamento;
- Douro TV;
- Econòmico TV;
- Loulé TV.
- Pesadelo na Cozinha;
- Os Traidores;
- O Triângulo;
- Hell’s Kitchen Portugal;
- Dança Com as Estrelas.
Portugal is a large country, with an educated and well-off population. Citizens have the money, more than enough for making an initial deposit. But of course not enough to live the life they desire — living paycheck-to-paycheck doesn’t exactly help to reach those dreams.
That’s why crypto offers look very, very tempting.